Sunday, August 30, 2009

Home hunt in NCR

House hunting can sure take u places. Our house hunt began with excitement, sputtered through at the realization that the damn recession has affected nothing but our salaries, figured that one must add at least Rs 8 lakh to any apartment's advertised price and finally concluded that even with our Double Income No Kids (DINK) status, all we could afford was an apartment in the NCR region, esconsced some 25 kms off the centre of Delhi. These 25 kms make a world of a difference, most importanly coz it means there will be 7-8 hours of power cuts- for which ur builder will give u power back that will come at a hefty price. Anyways after researching Indirapuram (Rs 3,000/sq/ft), Noida (Rs3500/sq ft) and Faridabad (Rs 2,000 sq ft)-the last I ventured into hoping for a huge lawn for my floor. However, one look at the Neharpar area- the cattle grazing there and the sheer distance from Delhi through a convoluted busy road made me give up all lawn plans. Finally, it was a tussle between Olive County in Vasundhara, Ghaziabad which I like much and Crossings Republic for which hubby dear was rooting. The balance tilted in favour of Crossing Republic- to get to which one has to just drive straight through Nizamuddin bridge down 20 kms on NH 24- purely owing to economics.
Even a 2 bedroom was costing me some 7 lakh over the price I was getting a huge-ish 3 bedroom at Crossings. There is a huge price to pay for this big house though. One has to cross some 3 kms long Dhanduhera village on NH24 before getting to Crossings and believe me it's hardly the right rustic feel. It just makes me feel so like I am in UP badlands and so so so far from saddi Dilli, that it again and again gives me second and third thoughts.Anyways, the deal is sealed now and we are feverishly and gingerly managing the damn funds and home loans that u need to even buy a house 20 kms from Delhi!!! A House for Mr.Biswas--- over and over again. All for a roof of my own over my head!!!!

P.S.- a word on Crossings Republic- nicely coming up township with malls, markets, cineplexes, Max/Fortis hospitals, DPS/Amity school etc as claimed. Nice apartments at Supertech, Wellington Panchsheel, Arihant. Ajnara and Mahagun could give you a good deal too, just ensure u don't have an apartment with balconies opening into Dhanduhera village for a view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am curious to find out what blog platform you're using? I'm having
some minor security issues with my latest website and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?
Also visit my web site - acne overnight fast